How beautiful are these?!?! These are fantastic glasses for any home, bar or wherever! They would also make a great gift for any, Pharmacist, Doctor, Nurse, basically anyone in the medical field or just someone you loves great vintage glasses!!!
Visit product page →
- These are impossible to find!!
- They were a free promotional gift GIVEN TO ONLY PHARMACISTS who had Viterra products made by Roerig in 1964
- There are 6 glasses in the original box!
- The design on the glassed were modeled from an original mural by Nikos Bel-Jon. This mural still stands in the lobby of the Pfizer Building in New York City! You can see it by going to this link http://www.bel-jonstudios.com/6-008_Pfizer_Pharmaceuticals_-_4_murals_of_various_techniques_by_Nikos_Bel-Jon.html
- These glasses depict people and objects that are important to the history of pharmacy
- The manual included explains all of the designs; in the last photograph I have pictures of both the front and the backs to show you how the glasses look up close
- On the backs of each of the glasses are various subsidiary designs. These include certain alchemical symbols plus three major designs. They represent the Horus, the eye of the Horus, a Fetish Figure and a Sumerian Seal (these are also explained in the manual)
- Each glass has a gold rim, motifs and designs as well as black square dots and out lines. The main color of the glasses include;yellow, blue-green, red, blue, white, and green.
- Each Glass: 5 1/4" tall , 2 5/8" diameter, 8 5/8" around
Signs of Wear:
- Green glass: is missing an extremely small amount of black paint on the right side of the beaker top
- White glass: there is a manufacturing flaw in this paint, the printing was a little off however you can not tell unless you compare the manual images to the glass (still looks great!)
- The box is obviously a little worn
- The manual has two small tears on the edge of the front cover, however they are not close to any images or words.